“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” ~ Maya Angelou
Everyone has different experiences, hopes and strengths in their journey through life. I will follow up this post with my experiences later this week. These are some principles on how I began to live a life wholeheartedly:
1) I was honesty with myself and found hope and in turn found faith.
2) Faith led me to the courage to surrender and to find liberation.
3) I found integrity in my behaviors and was willing to sacrifice my old habits for a new life.
4) I found freedom from pride and arrogance as the blindfold of delusion was removed.
5) I wanted to promote the welfare of others. I wanted equality. I wanted peace.
6) I found harmony by not resisting and taking responsibility for my choices.
7) I started treating others with respect.
8) I persevered in peace while chaos surrounded me.
9) I practice the discipline of prayer and meditation daily; at least once in the morning and once at night.
10) I stay aware by stepping up to do service.
I feel like I’ve come a long way since I started working on becoming wholehearted in October 2013. I have a different outlook on life now. I am grateful to have discovered this passion somewhat earlier on in life. I am also grateful that I can help spread the message.
Thank you for reading.